Father’s Day Gift Idea’s
With summer drawing near and the weather warming up, in the Quad Cities neighborhoods come alive with the sights and sounds of the season: lawnmowers, power tools and backyard barbecues, to name a few.
For many people, those things all bring to mind one specific person: Dad. And since Father’s Day is just around the corner, we at Cities Insurance Group thought we’d give you some gift ideas – and some fun history trivia, too!
What to get Dad?
Once you’re past the age of, say, 10, the “Old Spice and a tie” routine probably won’t cut it anymore when it comes to getting a gift for your father. Here are some better ideas from AskMen.com:
- Grilling tools (this way, perhaps he’ll even cook for you on Father’s Day!)
- Alcohol (to be enjoyed in moderation, of course)
- Fishing gear
- Golf clubs, balls or other sporting goods – or take him out for a round of golf
- Books (particularly grilling cookbooks)
- Gadgets (such as a GPS; after all, many dads don’t like asking for directions)
- Landscaping services (so he can take a break from mowing the lawn)
Aside from ties and cheap cologne, you’ll probably want to avoid the most clichéd gifts, especially “World’s Best Dad” items (even if it’s true!) and socks.
As with all gifts, though, it’s the thought that counts. And we’re sure your dad will appreciate simply being appreciated. And if you’re a dad yourself – Happy Father’s Day! We hope you’ll enjoy your day.